Friends For Life...

This week we celebrated 31 years married!  What fun it is thinking about our wedding day in 1986 at the Riverwalk Restaurant, just a small, 50 people, get together with mostly my friends and our families.  We were married at noon and had a luncheon.  A few days later we flew to Vancouver to have a look at where we were destined to begin married life.
 

Several years ago I thought it would be fun to dress up in our wedding clothes and do pictures....styles have definitely changed for the better.


2015
I began to think about what good friends we have been through the years.  The one man that "gets me" has been so much fun to live with, to raise our kids together, to travel with, to build our businesses and lives together.  I contend the reason our marriage worked -- even with everything against us -- was because we were first friends.  We have polar opposite personalities, political views, were raised in opposite sides of North America, our families are completely different, but our friendship sustained us and we built on that solid base and sculpted this deep love and built our family together.  Our two lives intertwined into one.  Since cancer came into our life, I am lonely.  I miss my friend.  I miss the one person who I can cause to laugh with very little effort.  Our time now is spent on surviving, on trying to live, on fighting the beast that came between us.  I still feel the passionate love for my friend and I admire him every moment of every day for being brave and strong and for choosing me as his friend and partner for life. I am a lucky girl to have the heart of such a wonderful man.

This amazing friend of mine has been fighting a very hard battle.  We've been a team since 1986...or before...and this cancer can't take that away.  I love this guy and we stand strong together.  No matter how difficult the path gets, we walk it together.  Friends for life...




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This Fragile Grief Journey Continues

A Year Since the Crash...

Beginning Our Fight With Faith, Courage and Love