My Cliff Edge Week...

Have you ever had a day where it felt as if you were standing on the edge of a cliff. And the question is, is it easier to fall forward or to pull yourself together, stand tall and turn around and retreat from the edge. Definitely it takes more courage to walk away from the edge, although what you may be walking toward could be more difficult than falling off that cliff. Falling off the cliff is just a metaphor for drawing a line in the sand and saying the phrase I have come to say quite frequently:  I'm done.  But, I'm not really done....I just feel the edge of the cliff tempting me closer and I remind myself to stand up tall and turn around. Life's problems are much easier if you face them head on.

This week has been challenging. I had no idea shutting a legal business could bring such turmoil. When an "instant illness" hits, it is one difficult task to figure out how to wind down the affairs of life and that business. Add two businesses to the roster and jumping off the cliff looks pretty good some days. This week I was hit with an invoice from our professional society that a practitioner in the lower mainland over the past 7 years stole money from her secure accounts. It was in the millions of dollars.  A well known auditing company did 3 audits and didn't catch her theft and now the members of our society must pay a special assessment to repair her damage as the insurance fund did not have enough to cover the damages awarded. This was bad enough but then  I find out there are two of these such cases and the special assessment for the second one will be forthcoming. Not only do I have to pay thousands of dollars by July 31, I cannot wind down and close my legal corporations until these assessments are settled and paid and that could take years.  Until then, I must maintain two corporations and file taxes and keep accounting books for them.  This is not what I had in the plan.  I came home Tuesday night distraut and very upset and that cliff was calling my name.

Instead of jumping, and after a short pity party 😉, I realized this is just another challenge that I can use my faith to figure out. God requires us to wait sometimes. When my first instinct is to panic and rush in to fix something, I can put the brakes on and remember that waiting is not a passive action. It is hard work and especially difficult during times of great stress.    I truly believe God is protecting me, protecting our family and will provide what we need when we need it. Our circumstances are sovereignly ordained and all of these problems will allow me to seek strength and courage rather than to complain and fret. It is definitely not easy and yet, one day is all I have to live at a time. To carry all of my problems around every day is too heavy. Just for today I am trusting God to provide what I need for this day. Tomorrow is a new day with new provisions. I am praying for humility and patience for all of these issues in my life right now. God's faithfulness in the past reminds me to trust Him with the future.

Please pray for our family as this Friday we will be heading into VGH for a minor surgery. Chemo and a surgery in one week is difficult for Sam and dealing with ferry traffic on a Friday is always challenging.  This is Sea Cavalcade weekend so we are praying for smooth travels and good results.



Indescribable

From the highest of heights to the depths of the sea
Creation revealing Your majesty
From the colors of fall to the fragrance of spring
Every creature unique in the song that it sings
All exclaiming

Indescribable, uncontainable,
You placed the stars in the sky and You know them by name.
You are amazing God
All powerful, untameable,
Awestruck we fall to our knees as we humbly proclaim
You are amazing God





Be strong and take courage (Psalm 27:13-14, 31:24).


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This Fragile Grief Journey Continues

Beginning Our Fight With Faith, Courage and Love

A Year Since the Crash...