Moving Forward Even When a Storm Hits...

It was wonderful listening to our son preach/teach on Sunday morning at church. How can a 26-year old have anything meaningful to say to an old lady such as myself but when your heart is open to receive, even at the most unexpected times, you are supernaturally blessed. I don't listen to a sermon/teaching session and expect my life to be changed radically and my heart to be redirected to a new life path. I listen with the expectation to bring one meaningful concept into my week and to find ways to implement it fully. Sunday, my son talked about his "temple" which is actually our body, our shell that houses our true being, our spirit, the essence of what makes us unique.  Although taking care of our temple is extremely important, nurturing and feeding the spirit is what drives us to grow in grace, to encourage others, to practice self control, to learn service, love for one another,  humility and obedience and to grow into all that we are created to become.

Feeding our spirit is done without our consent sometimes. It's easy to get stuck and do "the treadmill walk to nowhere" when life is stable and calm. When open ocean storm waters hit, most of us stand a bit taller,  hold on tightly and spend time seeking a way to move forward. In that moving forward process, we learn how to throw down the anchor and hold firm when the storms continue. There is no giving up in the middle of a storm out in the open ocean.  The only alternative is to batten down the hatches and to hold on. The storm may last for days, weeks, months or even years. Just as a pebble in the ocean becomes smooth in the current, God uses the storms to round our rough edges down as we weather the storms of life.

The last two years brought storms to me. Why....I do not know.  There are mysteries in life and I feel I am in the midst of one. Each day I am searching for a better way to weather the storm. I am often fragile and weak but so thankful for my faith in a God that promises never to leave us and always has our best interest at heart, even in the midst of a storm. I am being kinder with myself and as I do, I am  gaining confidence. So much to be thankful for!

️Praying for healing tonight...❤️


In the eye of the storm, You remain in control
And in the middle of the war, You guard my soul
You alone are the anchor, when my sails are torn
Your love surrounds me in the eye of the storm



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This Fragile Grief Journey Continues

Beginning Our Fight With Faith, Courage and Love

A Year Since the Crash...